5 cups sliced carrots
3 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup cubed processed cheese
2 cups seasoned croutons
1/3 cup melted butter
Total time: 45 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender but still firm, about 8 minutes; drain.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan. Saute onions and stir in soup, salt, pepper and cheese. Stir in cooked carrots. Transfer mixture to prepared dish.
4. Toss croutons with 1/3 cup melted butter; scatter over casserole.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.