1 pound bacon
1 tablespoon butter
2 onions, chopped
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
1 pinch dried parsley
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside. In a separate skillet, melt the butter and fry onions and mushrooms until tender.
3. Place potatoes in bottom of prepared dish. Sprinkle with salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Top with bacon, then onions and mushrooms.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk and parsley. Pour over casserole. Top with grated cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until set. If preparing and baking the same day, cook for 45 minutes.