3/4 lb potatoes, peeled, cubed
8 oz mushrooms
4 c water
1/4 c flour
2 c sour cream
4 ea eggs
1/2 ea bay leaf
1 sm onion, chopped
1/3 c vinegar
1. Cover potatoes with water, add caraway seed, bay leaf and onions. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender. Add mushrooms.
2. Mix flour, sour cream and add to soup. Bring to a boil again.
3. Carefully break one egg after the other into the simmering soup, spreading the egg white around the yolk with a fork.
4. Eggs can also be boiled seperately in water with added vinegar.
5. Flavor with finely chopped dill.