2 cups cooked short-grain rice
1/2 cup milk
125 gm cream cheese
250 gm cottage cheese
2/3 cup castor sugar (fine-grained sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
grated rind of 1 lemon
1 cup cream, whipped
250 gm strawberries
1/2 cup biscuits, crushed - sweet plain variety
1. Cook the rice in the milk on a slow heat until all the milk has been absorbed - about 15 minutes. Don`t let the milk boil.
2. Cream the cottage cheese, cream cheese, castor sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon rind. Add the cooled rice to this mixture.
3. Grease a suitable dish. Sprinkle the biscuit crumbs over the bottom. Spoon the mixture into the dish.
4. Bake in a moderate oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the cheese cake is firm. Allow to cool in the dish.
5. Decorate with whipped cream and strawberries.