1 kg chuck steak
2 white onions
2 large carrots
? cup flour
1 l dry red wine
1 bouquet garni
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, mix together the wine, the carrots, one chopped onion, and some pepper.
2. Dice the meat into large cubes. Marinate the diced beef in the wine overnight. The following day, strain the beef and set the wine aside for Step 4.
3. Peel the remaining onions and chop finely. Heat the oil in a high-sided skillet and fry the onions until they begin to turn a golden brown. Remove the onions from the skillet.
4. Fry the diced beef until meat is brown on all sides. Slowly incorporate the flour, stirring continuously.
5. Pour in the red wine and add the onions and the bourquet garni. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and cover.
6. Let simmer over low heat for 2 - 3 hours, until the meat is tender and the sauce is a rich maroon.
7. Using a fork, remove the bouquet garni. Arrange the meat in a serving dish over broad noodles, and spoon the sauce over it.