1 green chile, minced
3/4 cup tomatoes, canned, chopped, juice reserved
4 cloves, whole
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 cinnamon stick
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1/4 teaspoon Garam masala
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh, chopped
2 teaspoons coriander, ground
1. Heat oil in a skillet. Sautй onion until golden. Add cinnamon and cloves; cook a few seconds.
2. Add garlic, ginger, chile, and coriander, and cook 5 minutes, stirring.
3. Add tomatoes with their juice. Cook until all liquid is evaporated.
4. Add chickpeas, mix well, and cook 5 minutes, or until all liquid is gone.
5. Sprinkle with garam masala and cilantro.