1 can Italian tomatoes, 28-oz can, crushed
1 red pepper flakes
3 teaspoons garlic paste
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups Arborio rice
1/4 cup Italian parsley, coarsley chopped
parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. In a medium saute pan, combine olive oil and red chile pepper flakes. Carefully saute over low heat for 30 seconds.
2. Add tomatoes and garlic paste and season with salt to taste. Cook over medium heat until tomatoes thicken into a sauce.
3. Add parsley during the last few minutes of cooking.
4. Meanwhile, cook rice in a large pot of salted-boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
5. Place rice in a serving bowl and toss with sauce. Serve with parmesan cheese on the side.