500 gms cottage cheese cut in cubes medium size
2 onions sliced into thin rings
1 tsp ginger grated
1 tsp garlic crushed fine
1/2 tbsp parsley chopped
1 tsp ajwain seeds
3/4 cup gram flour
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp tandoori masala
1/2 tsp punjabi garam masala
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
Total time: 30 min
1. Cut paneer into 1"x1"x1" cubes.
2. Make a thick mixture of flour, salt, ginger, garlic, turmeric, garam and tandoori masalas. (indian curry powder)
3. Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp. water if necessary. Add 1/2 tbsp. oil, mix well.
4. Use 2 tbsp. mixture to marinate onions, and rest to marinate paneer cubes.
5. Marinate paneer for 10 minutes.
6. Either fry pieces or grill on a bar-b-que skewer or grill mesh till crisp and brown.
7. Heat remaining oil, add onions, saute till light brown.
8. Add marinate paste, stir well and cook.
9. When dry add fried paneer, chilli, chat masala, sugar, salt.
10. Toss well. Garnish with parsley.
11. Serve hot with tooth picks to pick up easily.
Shelflife: best fresh