6 cups vegetable broth
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
16 oz canned artichoke hearts
1 cup Arborio rice or medium grained rice
1/2 cup Centenniale
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese ( about 2 oz.)
3/4 tsp chopped fresh thyme
juice of 1 lemon
1. Bring vegetable broth to a simmer in medium sauce pan. Reduce heat to low, cover and keep broth hot.
2. Melt 3 tbsp. of butter and olive oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped shallots, saute 2 minutes.
3. Add rice, stir to coat. Add Centenniale and simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.
4. Increase heat to medium-high. Add 3/4 cup hot vegetable broth and simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently.
5. Add the articoke hearts and remaining hot vegetable broth 3/4 of a cup at a time, allowing the broth to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy, about 20 minutes.
6. Stir in Parmesan cheese, proscuitto ham, chopped fresh thyme and lemon juice.
7. Serve warm.