1kg. loin of pork
2 cloves of garlic
1 glass of Oloroso Sherry
olive oil and butter
1 small jar peach jam
salt and ground white pepper
1 medium sized ripe melon
1. Tie up the meat, brown it in a saucepan in mixed butter and olive oil, then remove and reserve it.
2. Peel and chop the vegetables, brown them in the saucepan in the same oil and return the meat to it.
3. Season with salt and pepper, add the Oloroso Sherry, cover and cook slowly for 1 1/4 hours or for a little longer if it is preferred better done.
4. Remove, cover and reserve the meat, and strain the sauce through a sieve into a saucespan.
5. Remove the fat add the peach jamm (all the better if home-made) and cook for a few minutes. Check and leave for another 5 minutes.
6. Carve the meat cold, sorround the slices of orange, fresh mint and segments of fresh peach.
7. Chope the fruit into small cubes and make a fruit salad, dressing it with sugar and sweet Oloroso Sherry. Serve this cold and on the side.