12 oz carrots
6 oz potato
1/4 cup red lentils
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 1/4 cup formula or breastmilk
1. Trim and peel the carrots and potatoes and then chop into small cubes and place in a saucepan. Rinse the lentils thoroughly, discarding any black hits.
2. Add the lentils, coriander and milk to the pan and bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 4 minutes, until the lentils are very soft. Top up with a little extra hot water if necessary.
3. Puree or sieve the vegetable and lentil mixture until smooth.
4. Spoon a little into a bowl. Test the temperature and cool if necessary, before giving to baby.
5. Cover the remaining puree and transfer to the fridge as soon as possible. Use within 24 hours.