For the pork chops:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon anise seed, ground in a spice mill to make a powder
6 pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each), cut 1/2-inch thick
For the sauce:
1 cup chicken broth
2 roasted red peppers, quartered
5 apricots (about 1/2 pound), halved and pits removed or 5 dried apricots
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
1. To make the pork chops: In a small bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and anise powder. Place pork chops in a large plastic resealable bag. Pour marinade over chops; close bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a 2-quart saucepan place chicken broth, roasted red peppers, apricots, garlic, and lemon zest.
3. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a blender or food processor, purée until smooth and thickened. Adjust consistency by adding more chicken stock to thin or using heat to reduce and thicken, as needed. Add soy sauce, to taste. Keep warm.
4. Remove chops from bag; discard marinade. Place chops in center of cooking grate. Grill 12 to 16 minutes for medium (160 F/71 C) or 17 to 20 minutes for well-done (170 F/77 C), turning once halfway through grilling time.
5. Serve each chop with some sauce and jasmine rice