1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
1 tablespoon cornstarch
6 ounces dried fettuccine
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup sugar snap peas (strings and tips removed)
8 ounces tiny whole carrots with tops (about 12), trimmed
4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
Green onion strips (optional)
1. In a small bowl combine dried mushrooms and 1 cup warm water; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain mushrooms, squeezing out excess liquid; reserve liquid. Slice mushroom caps; discard stems. Stir cornstarch into reserved mushroom liquid.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
3. In a bowl stir together the chicken, sherry, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic; set aside.
4. Lightly coat a wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry sugar snap peas and carrots for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green onions and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Remove vegetables from wok; set aside. Add chicken mixture to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Push chicken from center of wok. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
5. Return vegetables to wok. Add mushrooms and pasta. Stir to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through. If desired, garnish with green onion curls.