1 1/2 lb cauliflower, in florets
1 teaspoon lemon juice or white wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 thick slices French bread
2 teaspoons paprika
1 2/3 cups water for cooking
1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 teaspoons pine nuts
1. Rinse the cauliflower and put in a bowl of water with the lemon juice or vinegar.
2. Heat the oil in a heatproof casserole and fry the slices of bread. Remove and set aside.
3. Turn down the heat and add the paprika. Stir, then quickly pour in the water. Turn the heat back up. When the water comes to a boil, add the cauliflower florets and a little salt. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
4. Crush the parsley, garlic, the slices of fried bread and the pine nuts in a mortar.
5. When everything is mixed thoroughly, add a little of the cooking water from the cauliflower, stir, then pour into the casserole. Check the seasoning. Cook for a further 5 minutes and serve.