200 g (1 cup) fine sugar
250 g (1 cup)ground almonds
300 g (1 1/2 cup) butter
1/4 kg (2 1/2 cups) unbleached flour
375 ml (1 1/2 cup) dulce de leche
the rind of 1 lemon
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar and the vanilla and almond essences.
2. Add the eggs. Mash in the unbleached flour and the bitter almonds. Knead until the ingredients are incorporated.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. On a lightly floured surface, smooth out the dough and cut out circles with a cookie-cutter or with the mouth of a small jar.
5. Grease and flour a cookie sheet. Arrange the circles on the sheet, keeping at least 1 cm distance between the circles, and bake on 180C until the edges turn golden (approx. 15-20 min).
6. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, spread dulce de leche or marmelade on half the cookies, then cover them with the other half.