500 g (1 lb) packaged puff pastry
250 g (8 oz) bacon
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 egg yolk
1 tsp water
salt and pepper
1. Roll out half the pastry and line a 20 cm(8") pie plate, refrigerate 15 minutes.
2. Remove the rind and excess fat off the bacon rashers, chop roughly, cook gently for 3 minutes, allow bacon to cool.
3. Place half the bacon in base of pie plate, break the eggs in, one at a time, being careful not to break the yolks.
4. Arrange eggs in circular pattern, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with remaining bacon, sprinkle with parsley.
5. Roll out remaining pastry, cover pie, press edges together well, trim edges, brush with combined beaten egg yolk and water.
6. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, bake in hot oven 15 minutes, reduce heat to moderate, cook further 15-20 minutes.