2 packages active dry yeast
1/4 cup water
7 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups butter, softened
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups whipping cream
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
2-3 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
1. Combine all ingredients of cheese filling and blend in food processor, refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt, cut in butter until crumbly.
4. Stir in yeast, eggs, and whipping cream.
5. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth, about 2-3 minutes- place in a greased bowl, turn greased side up.
6. Cover, refrigerate until firm- 6 hours or overnight.
7. Heat oven to 375 degrees, roll out dough, on sugared or floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness.
8. Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares.
9. Spoon 1 tsp. of cheese filling in center of each square.
10. Bring two opposite corners to center, pinch to seal.
11. Wet fingertips with a little bit of water.
12. Fold sealed tip to one side, pinch to seal.
13. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
14.Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.