4 dl milk
50 g yeast
2 teaspoonful of salt
1 1/2 dl sugar
1 tablespoonful of cardamom
11-12 dl wheat flour
150 g butter/ bakingmargarine
2 dl wipping cream
A little jar of strawberry jam or almond paste
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and put it aside to cool.
2. Heat up the milk to 37 C. Crumble the yeast into the milk and stir with a ladle until the yeast has dissolved.
3. Add the egg, the salt, the sugar and the cardamom and stir.
4. Knead in the wheat flour by hand. Add the melted butter at last. Let the dough rise in a warm place about an hour.
5. Put the dough on a clean table and knead it a little before you divide it into smaller pieces. Roll up the dough pieces into round buns, which should be as (or almost as) big as a woman`s fist.
6. Let the buns rise a little before you put them in the oven. Bake the buns in 225 C about 12 minutes. When the buns are done take them out and let them cool under a cloth. Whip the cream.
7. Cut up the buns and hollow out a little hole in the lower piece of the bun and put jam or almond paste into it. Then put a pile of whipped cream on the bun and then put the upper piece of the bun on top of the whipped cream.