1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
3 carrots, cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) chunks
2 turnips, quartered
450 g (1 lb) new potatoes
240 ml (8 fl.oz.) fresh vegetable stock
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
90 ml (3 fl.oz.) water
1 teasp paprika
1 tbsp lemon juice
The grated zest of 1/2 lemon
200 g (7 oz) green olives, washed and drained
Salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time until golden.
2. Add the carrots, turnips, potatoes, and stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes until turnips are fairly tender.
3. Meanwhile, place the parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, paprika, and water in a blender or food processor, and process until fairly smooth.
4. Add the herb mixture to vegetables in in pan together with the lemon zest and olives. Cover and cook for a further 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender, stirring from time to time.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot over cooked rice or couscous.