8 large eggs, beaten
1/2 lbs assorted mushrooms
1/4 cup grated cheese
1 tbsp cream
2 tsp chopped chives
3 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1/4 cup sliced ham or bacon
1. Clean and wash the mushrooms. If using dried mushrooms, make sure they are soaked. Pat dry on paper towels.
2. Heat a third of the butter on a small pan. Saute the sliced ham or bacon and add the assorted mushrooms. Saute mushrooms over high heat for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
3. Stir in the cream with the eggs.
4. In a large, non-stick pan, melt the rest of the butter over high heat, then pour in the eggs and let it cook without stirring.
5. After 2-3 minutes, sprinkle the grated cheese on top, then add the sauteed mushrooms. Fold the omelette, then serve with bagels or toasts.