5 ounces bow tie pasta or farfalle pasta
1 1/2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
1 lb lean ground beef
16 ounce can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried marjoram or savory, crushed
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In large saucepan, cook noodles per package directions until just tender; drain.
2. While noodles are cooking, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese and egg in a small bowl. Beat until fluffy.
3. In skillet, brown onion and bell peppers until softened. Add ground beef and cook until meat is browned; drain off fat.
4. Stir in tomato sauce, salt, marjoram, pepper and the cooked, drained noodles.
5. Place half of this mixture in a greased 10x6-inch baking dish. Spread cheese mixture over meat mixture. Top with remaining meat mixture.
6. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, until heated through and bubbling at edges.