3 cups white flour
1 tsp table salt
1 package instant yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup warm water
For the topping and crust:
5 oz ball mozzarella, drained
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, crushed
Salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 lb thinly sliced pepperoni
4 green pickled chilies, sliced
1. Place the flour, salt, and yeast in a mixer equipped with a dough hook. With the motor running pour in the oil, and warm water and mix to form a soft, stretchy dough. Alternatively, make the dough by hand and knead on a floured board for 5 minutes.
2. Transfer the dough to a bowl, rub the surface with a little oil, and cover with a clean, damp dish towel. Set aside at room temperature for an hour or until the dough has roughly doubled in size.
3. Meanwhile, roughly chop the mozzarella and mix with the parsley, garlic and some seasoning.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 F. On a floured surface, roll the dough iinto a thin 16 inch circle.
5. Arrange the cheese around the edges of the dough, leaving a 1 1/2 inch border. Dampen the inner edges of the cheese ring, then pull the outer edges over to cover the cheese. Press down firmly to seal.
6. Carefully turn the pizza on to a large baking sheet the joins are underneath. Spoon the tomato sauce within the border, then scatter the toppings on top. Bake for 15 minutes until browned and crisp.
7. Cut into wedges and serve immediately with a lovely crisp, green salad sprinkled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.