1 pkg yeast
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 1/2 cups ham, diced
1 ea eggs, large
1 cup potato, mashed
1. Soften yeast in 1/4 cup warm water in a large mixing bowl for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in milk which has been scalded and cooled to lukewarm. Add potatoes, oil, sugar and salt. Cut salt amount if mashed potatoes were prepared with salt. Add egg, ham and 2 cups flour. Beat very well.
3. Cover and let rise in warm place until light and double in size, about 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
4. Stir in remaining flour (may not need quite all) to form a stiff dough. Knead until smooth, about 4-5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sesame seeds on greased cookie sheet. Roll out half of dough on cookie sheet to a 14 x 10-inch rectangle. Brush with milk and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining dough, using a second cookie sheet.
6. Cover and let rise until light, about 1 hour. Bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool, then cut into 1-inch squares to serve with Swiss Fondue or cut into large slices to serve with soups or stews.