12 egg yokes
1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar
2 quarts of half and half (or use 1 quart of whole milk and 1 quart of heavy cream)
2 to 4 cups of Jack Daniels
4 tablespoons of vanilla
Fresh grated nutmeg
1 half gallon block of vanilla ice cream
1. Heat half-and-half in a double boiler until just below boiling.
2. In a bowl whip the eggs and the sugar until pale yellow. Add hot half-and-half mixture into the egg and sugar 1 cup at a time to make sure the eggs don`t curdle. Keep adding the hot mixture until all is incorporated.
3. Place liquid in airtight container and chill until ready to serve.
4. Pour eggnog into a medium size punch bowl. Add Jack Daniels and vanilla, stirring well. In the center float the 1/2 gallon block of ice cream.
5. Grate fresh nutmeg lightly over the top and serve a tablespoon size chunk of ice cream in each cup. Add extra spirits as needed.