For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
1-3rd cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup olive oil
4 ripe, medium-size Bartlett pears, cored and quartered
Vegetable oil for frying
4 cups mixed baby field greens
6 ounces prosciutto, sliced very thin
Aged balsamic vinegar (optional)
1. For the Lemon Vinaigrette: Combine ingredients in a bowl and beat well or in a screw-top jar and shake well. Chill several hours to meld flavors.
2. For Pear Salad: Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in small, shallow bowl.
3. In another bowl, lightly beat eggs. In another shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with olive oil.
4. Dredge pear quarters in seasoned flour. Dip in beaten egg; drain off excess. Then, roll in crumb mixture. (In order for crumb mixture to adhere, pears must be ripe.)
5. Deep-fry pears in vegetable oil at 350 degrees F until golden brown.
6. Beat or shake vinaigrette again; toss greens with half of the dressing.
7. To serve, arrange prosciutto on 4 salad plates. Mound greens in center and arrange four warm pear quarters on top. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette and aged balsamic vinegar (if desired) over each salad. Sprinkle lightly with pepper to taste.