Tarragon Salad Dressing (recipe below)
12 ounces boned and skinned chicken breasts, cut in H-inch strips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups (about 8 ounces) peeled baby carrots
1 pound fresh white mushrooms, quartered (about 6 cups)
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and sliced cucumbers
4 cups Boston or bibb lettuce leaves
1. Prepare Tarragon Salad Dressing. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add chicken and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is opaque but still pink, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are softened, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in wine, cook 1 minute longer.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and vegetable mixture to a serving bowl; set aside.
6. Heat juices in skillet over high heat until reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 3 minutes. Pour over reserved chicken and mushroom mixture; cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Just before serving, add cucumbers and toss with Tarragon Salad Dressing. Serve in lettuce cups.