1 beaten egg
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 pound lean ground beef or lamb
Nonstick spray coating
2 large pita bread rounds, halved
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, parsley, onion, 3 teaspoons of the sesame seeds, the garlic, mint, and salt. Add ground beef or lamb; mix well.
2. Shape mixture into 24 meatballs.
3. Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and brown on all sides. Cover skillet and cook meatballs over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or till meat is no longer pink.
4. With a slotted spoon remove meatballs from skillet and drain on paper towels.
5. To serve, place meatballs in pita bread halves. Add lettuce and tomato. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds. Serve with yogurt. If desired, serve sandwiches on additional shredded lettuce.