2 tablespoons capers
1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 1/2 cups tomatoes, canned, crushed
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
6 ancho chiles, dried
1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
1 whole red snapper
flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
2 cups Red wine
black pepper, freshly ground
4 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1. Prepare chiles: toast in a dry skillet until color changes slightly and they begin to puff. When cooled, remove seeds. In a small bowl, cover chiles with hot water and let stand for about 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large, heavy skillet. Dredge fish in flour. Brown fish on both sides and place in a shallow baking dish.
3. Saute onion in skillet until soft. Add garlic and continue sautĘing until aromatic.
4. Drain chiles, and puree in a blender or food processor. Add to onion and garlic mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, parsley, oregano, and cumin.
5. Add red wine and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over fish.
6. Bake at 400F for about 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
7. Garnish with capers.