9 egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup blanched almonds, ground
3/4 cup hazelnuts, ground
9 egg whites
1/4 cup cherry brandy
1/4 cup raspberry jam
1 pint whipping cream
24 whole hazelnuts
1. Beat the egg yolks until thick. Add the sugar and beat. Add the ground nuts and mix well.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the yolk mixture.
3. Bake in 2 well-buttered layer-cake tins in a preheated moderate oven (350) until the top of the cake springs back quickly when you touch it. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Cover the top of each layer with half of the liqueur, then with a thin layer of the raspberry jam. Place one cake on top of the other.
5. Whip the cream and spread over top. Place whole hazelnuts here and there on the tort. Dust the top with powdered sugar.