2 cup mangoes packed in syrup, coarsely chopped
3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
6 cups white rice, cooked, for accompaniment
1/2 cup chicken stock
to taste Sea salt
3 chicken breasts, halved
to taste Black pepper, freshly ground
1. Strain the mangoes from the syrup. Blend mangoes, chipotles, and stock, adding more chiles to taste.
2. Preheat oven to 350œF. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides; place them in oven-proof casserole. Pour mango mixture on top and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. Bake chicken in marinade for about 20 minutes or until done.
4. If sauce needs extra thickening, transfer to saucepan and reduce to desired thickness; adjust seasoning to taste.
5. Serve chicken and sauce over steamed rice.