3 1/2 cups flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup margarine or Glaze
3 cups sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cut in margarine.
2. Add eggs and milk to flour mixture and work mixture into a dough.
3. Knead dough until is is smooth and elastic. Form dough into balls
the size of an egg. Cover dough and set aside for 15 minutes.
4. Roll each ball of dough into a circle that is 4 inches in diameter. Cut a small hole in center of each circle. Place circles of dough between single layers of waxed paper until all are rolled and ready for deep frying.
5. Heat 2 inches of shortening in a heavy pan at medium-high heat.
6. Fry bu”uelos in hot shortening until they are puffed and golden brown on both sids, turning once.
7. Drain on absorbent towels. Coat the bu”uelos with a cinnamon-sugar coating or glaze before serving.
Cinnamon-sugar coating: Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle mixture over bu”uelos until they are evenly coated.