1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon paprika
2 cups onions, chopped
3 green bell peppers, chopped
1 pound beef, 1-inch cubes
6 cups beef stock
1 cup potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and saute until translucent. Add garlic, green peppers and tomato paste. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
2. Add beef, caraway seeds, paprika, beef stock, and lemon juice.
3. Simmer for about 1 1/4 hours.
4. Add potatoes and continue simmering until meat and potatoes are tender.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.