2 green chiles, diced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
1 red onion, diced
3 tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
French Bread "Boats":
1/2 pound Monterey jack cheese, grated
1 French bread baguette
1. Prepare salsa: Combine onion, tomatoes, chiles, and cilantro in a bowl, sprinkle with lime juice and salt to taste. Reserve for 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
2. Slice bread into 4 sections, slicing each section in half lengthwise. Remove some of the bread from each section to create "boats".
3. Place beans in a bowl, add jalapeno, salt and pepper to taste and a bit of water. Partially mash beans using fork or potato masher.
4. Heat olive oil in large pan and fry mashed beans for about 15 minutes to make frijoles refritos (refried beans).
5. Fill in the hollow bread with bean mixture and top with cheese.
6. Place bread on tray, heat in 375œF oven until cheese is golden, about 15 minutes.
7. Serve with salsa.