1.3 pound of diced pork (shoulder) (1 inch pieces)
0.3 pound of sliced bacon
2.2 pound of potato
0.66 pound onion ( 4 medium)
0.66 pound carrot
4 large pickles
0.22 cup butter
salt, pepper, basil and mustard
1. Cook diced pork in a fried pan with pepper, salt, basil and a spoon of mustard.
2. Sliced peeled potatoes in thin slices (1/5 inch thick)
3. Slice onions and carrots.
4. In a buttered oven-proof dish, layer consequently: sliced bacon, potatoes, diced pork, onions, carrots, pickles and finally another layer of potatoes.
5. Pour some beef or chicken stock, cover with aluminum foil and place in a preheated oven at 425 F for 45 minute.