1 kg flour
20 g salt
250 g sugar
225 g soft butter
335 g eggs
120 g milk water
30 g fresh yeast
orange flower water
Time: 48 min 1 hr
1. Heat up the water milk mix to 30-40 C or 86-104 F maximum and dissolve the yeast in it.
2. Make a fountain with the flour. Add to it the salt, sugar and eggs. Pour the water milk yeast mix on top. Form a ball and add the rum, vanilla and orange flower water. Knead into a homogeneous dough.
3. Combine the butter in chunks.
4. Let it push for 48 hours in the fridge. Punch. Put the dough in a circular, crown-like, shape. Let it rise until it the volume doubles.
5. Glaze with egg yolk. Decorate the surface with rock sugar, candied fruits, etc.
6. Bake in a warm oven at 180 C or 356 F until you can see a nice golden crust.