Time: 35 min
1. Peel and wash the potatoes. Shred with a mandolin.
2. Don`t wash the shredded potatoes: you want to keep their starch for this recipe. Season.
3. Heat up the oil in a skillet (you need a lot!).
4. When hot, pour the shredded potatoes and stir for about 2 minutes.
5. Pack with a skimmer in order to from a 1 to 2 cm-thick (0,39 to 0,79 inch) pancake. Cook over strong heat to golden the bottom of the pancake.
6. Flip like any pancake or transfer to a plate and flip back on the pan. Cook this side over strong heat as well (beware with splashes of oil when flipping). Put in a plate. Keep warm.