1 cup beef stock
2 boneless beef strip steaks, 12 to 14 oz each; 1 1/2; to 2-inches thick; well-trimmed
1/2 cup red wine
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons brandy
2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
1 teaspoon green peppercorns, crushed
1 tablespoon Beurre manie; (equal portions of softened butter and flour, mixed into pasta)
black pepper, freshly ground
1. Combine wine, stock, whole green peppercorns, crushed black peppercorns, and onions. Add beef and marinate for 2 hours.
2. Remove beef and pat dry. Strain marinade.
3. Bring marinade to boil; add brandy and beurre manie, a little at a time, stirring constantly, until beurre manie is incorporated and sauce begins to thicken. Reduce heat to a slow simmer.
4. Add crushed green peppercorns; simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add cream and season with salt and pepper.
6. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill or broil to desired doneness. Serve with green peppercorn sauce.