1 teaspoon dry sherry
2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
1 small garlic clove, chopped finely
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh root ginger of 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
90 g fillet steak, cut into strips
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
60 g noodles
2 spring onions, chopped into 5 cm lengths
1/4 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed chillies
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
60 g broccoli florets
60 g fresh spinach or Chinese leaf, shredded
1. Mix together the sherry, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a shallow dish. Stir in the beef and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Put a saucepan of lightly salted water on to boil. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok until very hot.
3. Add the strips of beef to the frying pan, reserving any extra marinade. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Cook the noodles in the boiling water for 5 minutes and then drain and keep warm.
4. Add the spring onions, red pepper, dried chillies, sesame seeds, broccoli florets and spinach or Chinese leaf to the wok. Stir fry for 3 minutes. Pour in any reserved marinade and stir fry for 1 minute more.
5. Arrange the noodles on a serving plate. Top with the stir fry and serve at once.