1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon corn oil
1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
8 tablespoons milk
additional corn oil, for frying
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Mix flours, salt, and oil in a large bowl, adding milk gradually to make a medium-soft dough. Knead thoroughly until smooth and elastic. Rub with a bit of oil, cover with plastic, and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep pot. The oil is hot enough when you drop in a small piece of dough and it floats up.
3. Oil hands and divide dough into 12 small balls. Roll balls flat on a lightly floured surface, to 5 inches in diameter.
4. Roll out a few more puris in the same way. Slide a puri into the oil, and use a spoon to push it under the surface. The puri should puff up. If it does not, the oil is not hot enough.
5. Once it puffs, turn over and continue frying for another minute.
6. Remove and drain. Cook all the puris and serve warm.